Facts And Statistics About Back Pain That You Never Knew About!
Posted on August 22nd, 2019
There is not one but numerous reasons which cause back pain, and nearly most of the people suffer and get affected by this type of problem. When your back hurts, many other things suffer too there are many causes of back pain: injuries, heavy lifting, aging, recreational activities, pregnancy, and the stress of everyday life. Chiropractor for back pain in Lakewood performs various therapies which can help you to keep your back pain at bay.
Any kind of sports injury or accident can cause back pain, sometimes the simplest of movements like picking up a pencil from the floor can also have painful results. Apart from that, arthritis, poor posture, obesity, and psychological stress can cause or complicate back pain.
Some Astonishing Facts About Back Pain Are:
- In the entire worldwide, back pain is the single leading cause of disability which prevents many people from engaging in work as well as other everyday activities.
- Back pain is the most common reasons for missed work. One-half of all working Americans admit to having back pain symptoms each year thereby missing their duties.
- Back pain accounts for more than 264 million workdays are lost each year.
- Famous surveys and researches have shown that an estimate up to 80% of the population will be experiencing back pain at some time in their lives.
- Back pain can affect people of all ages, ranging from adolescents to the elderly.
- Back pain is the third most common reason for doctor visits, behind skin disorders and osteoarthritis/joint disorders.
- Most cases of back pain are mechanical or non-organic, which means they are not caused by serious conditions, such as inflammatory arthritis or infection.
- Most people with low back pain recover, however, the recurrence is common.
For a small percentage of people, the condition will become chronic and disabling in the coming years.
- Years lived with a disability has been causing low back pain with an increased rate by 54% between 1990 and 2015.
- Low-back pain costs Americans at least billion in health care costs each year8 which adds in visiting various doctors for the treatment.
Chiropractic care is said to be a good way in order to relieve swelling and pain caused by your routine exercises. Patients with low back pain are treated with techniques and treatments that are generally safe, non-invasive, non-addictive. Chiropractor for back pain in Lakewood delivers gentle treatments to reduce joint restrictions or misalignments in the spine in an effort to reduce inflammation and improve the function of both the affected joint and nervous system.
If you experience pain which merely lasts for a few days, you should visit a chiropractor. Here are some common treatment techniques chiropractors use to help you become pain-free:
- Soft Tissue Therapy: This is the type of therapy where a practitioner works to help relax the tight and sore muscles. It brings relief to a variety of muscles with the help of an instrument-assisted soft tissue therapy (using a tool to apply gentle pressure and sweep over the area).
- Manual Therapy: In this technique, a chiropractor utilizes this technique in order to help regain motion within a region. his can be accomplished through joint mobilization or manipulation.
- Exercise Therapy/Self-Management: Your chiropractor will provide you list of the simple exercise to be performed which you can easily do at home. They will also be providing you with safe lifting techniques, tips for good posture, and other strategies which can help you improve in no time.
Although chiropractic practitioners treat more than just back pain, many patients tend to visit a chiropractor to look for relief from their pervasive condition.